Pebbles

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Distressed Box

I haven't blogged or crafted in ages work has got in the way but now I've gone from full time to part time I'm hoping to get back to it. So I was wandering around The Works and saw some wooden blanks. This was one of them.

So I made it into a distressed box.


So the first step was to modge podge the box when that was dry I painted it with some Docraft Acrylic paint in "Sea Spray". After two coats I stamped onto it using Sheena Douglas stamps randomly and pressed some hard, some soft to get the distressed effect. I then used Frantage in Shabby Blue.
I've picked up a few blanks so I'll be showing them in the next few weeks xx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea, love decorating wooden boxes, will give stamping a try, love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shary, this is lovely, such a clever and inspirational project, a wonderful design...
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)