Pebbles

Friday 11 October 2013

All Dressed Up Meets Mixed Media

Today I would like to show you a little bit of inspiration on a way to use some of your All Dressed Up images.
A mixed media tag


I have used one of the gorgeous  images from Wendy Burns - Wear With Style 2 digi image set. Wendy's designs are all available from her Etsy store here.

I took a blank tag and sprayed it with Dylusions spray inks and then added some ripped book papers. Lots of stencilling and stamping with texture paste, inks and gilding waxes came next. I then printed out the image, cut it out with a border using my Cameo and coloured it with Copics. The butterflies have been punched out onto old book paper.

I hope my tag has given you some inspiration to use Wendy's images with your mixed media projects the girls really do go well with this medium.

I'd also love to show you what my daughter created too. Gives me a chance to show you the whole set in the Wear with style 2 set.  As soon as she saw the images she wanted me to print her some to colour in. A great little activity for half term!!! She's going to put them in her Smash book.



Don't forget our first ever All Dressed Up Challenge is still ongoing and you have until the 14th to join in. The challenge is easy it's Anyting Goes!! We have a great prize for one lucky winner a £5 credit to spend in Wendy's etsy shop.

We also have a fab Facebook Group, why not come over and join in with us?

Shary
x

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant Sharon, you have certainly inspired me. And Robbyns colouring is fab ! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh didn't know they came in digi's! great make! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set is just fabulous and your daughter is clearly following in your creative footsteps! Your tag is gorgeous - beautiful colours and I love the little butterflies :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)