Pebbles

Friday 20 July 2012

Studio 12 shabby chic tag

Yay it's Friday and looking forward to the weekend as we are supposed to be getting some sun at last!!
Today it is my turn over on the Studio 12 blog to show a project and I'd like to show you a really easy but effective tag.



When I received my Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 from Nikky I print out lots of papers, sentiments, embellies etc and make my projects. When I've finished I end up with lots of left over bits and I'm definately NOT throwing them away. So I use them to make tags or ATCs. So for this tag I've used left over papers from the Welcome Home kit. I've covered the tag with one paper and then ripped some other contrasting paper into strips and layered it onto the tag. I edged it with walnut distress ink and also inked through some sequin waste to create the circles. I next added some of the tape embellie from the All Sewn Up kit and then machine sewed around the tag. With another scrap of paper which I tore and inked I added the Emily Bronte sentiment. Next I cut out 3 of the roses from the Heavenly Garden kit, inked them and adhered them to the tag using 3D pads. An easy but effective tag!!

3 comments:

  1. This is super Shary - nailed it!!! I've never really felt I've mastered shabby chic myself!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous loving the papers. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)