Pebbles

Sunday 11 March 2012

4 Fab Kids

I bought a great book from Paperchase which I thought would make a good journal. I was right!! It has a kraft front cover and is square. The pages are a good quality and held all my paints, inks etc really well and it only cost me (or should I say hubby! £8.

Here's my first page of my new journal.



I got the idea after finding the art journal threads over on the UKScrappers site and the prompt for this week was numbers. Hence the 4 fab kids title.

I firstly used gel medium all over the page and stuck fragments from an old book over the page. I then put another layer of the gel medium over that. The colours are from some acrylic paints that I picked up at the works. A little tub of about 10 paints for £4, another bargain. Next was gesso through a flower stencil and coloured with inks. Then it was the turn of lots of stamps which I then highlighted with a white pen.
The image is from a collage sheet by Lisa's Altered Art on esty. I did the same thing using the gel medium. I again used the white pen to highlight and then I went around the image with a black pen and smudged it to create a shadow.
The letters and number are chipboard. I distressed stained them and added some of the book fragments.
Finally I inked around the edges.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous page shary. well done on finding a journal that fits the bill! have a good sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks great, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, boy, it looks great Shary

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for trying out my prompt for this week - I'm happy it turned into such a nice page for your new journal.

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great page to start your new journal with.
    Love the colours and all the stamping you have done too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Shary and love the colours. I'm of to Dyan Reavsey's shop tommorrow to buy some dylusions stamps. her shop is here in harrogate and she has an open day at the weekend with some taster classes on. i think I need to book on one of those as well.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fab journal! Loving all the collage/stamping and the colours are so cheerful!!! x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your comment and taking the time to look at my blog :0)